X-MAN here with a fun fact! Did you know:
About 71 percent of the Earth’s surface is water-covered, and the oceans hold about 96.5 percent of all Earth’s water. Water also exists in the air as water vapor, in rivers and lakes, in icecaps and glaciers, in the ground as soil moisture and in aquifers, and even in you and your dog.
Control Moisture – Control Mold
As you can see water is all around us, and when it comes to mold, moisture is needed for its growth. Escaping moisture is near to impossible but taking preventive measures to deny mold the moisture it needs can be done if you follow some simple steps.
X-MAN has taken the liberty of listing 9 helpful tips, for controlling mold in your home.
- If you have a water leak after fixing it, thoroughly dry the area within 24 to 48 hours.
- Prevent water from draining towards your home’s foundation
- Be sure to keep your roof gutters clean and working properly
- Keep air conditioning pans and lines free from blockage
- Keep humidity inside your home below 60%
- Be observant of any condensation build up, on pipes, windows or walls
- Use dehumidifiers and air conditioners as needed
- Use exhaust fans or open windows when showering or cooking
- Increase ventilation flows by opening doors and windows
Finally, there’s no way to get rid of all mold spores in the environment, but we can control and deny the moisture the mold needs to thrive in our homes. If you have any doubt, remember X-MAN is here for all your Mold Removal; Air sampling and Inspection needs.